Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Liberty Cafe - Yum!

Anytime I have the opportunity to go out for a kid-free dinner I take advantage of it! (I am quite lucky, it happens a lot!) But I digress, we decided to leave the kids at the hotel with big Justin and head over to Stuart's, (my baby brother) newest restaurant; "The Liberty Cafe" in Bernal Heights. There were a lot of people (that's a good sign) so we had to wait in the quaint wine bar in the back of the restaurant. Actually out back through a cute patio area and into a little cottage. The wine was tasty and we were building an appetite watching all the entrees being brought in and out of the kitchen.

When our table opened up we were given a basket of fresh home made bread and butter (fresh, warm, rosemary buns and french bread) before our meal. One more glass of wine and I'm feeling good. I order Steak Frites and so does everyone else at the table! Han ordered a Cesar salad to start and boy was it delicious. I think it's one of the best I've ever had - crispy lettuce, crunchy but chewy on the inside croutons, and fresh cheese, plus the Cesar dressing - mmmm. So, good he ordered another! Maybe because I ate most of his first one...

Finally, our food arrived, well not finally like it took a long time - but finally because I was starving. Steak Frites with a chimichurri sauce, french fries and arugula salad. Brett had a chicken pot pie, that looked more like the size of an apple pie at a barbecue! He said that it was delicious too! We finished our night with a fruit tart and more wine! I can't wait to go back!

Now the food wasn't the only thing I loved...I loved our server, Dan and the rest of the crew - so hospitable and fun! Not to mention I really love the owner! Now you go try it too and ask for Stuart! Go Now - I'm not kidding!

Steak FritesBrett's apple, I mean chicken pot pieWith the owners - Tony and StuartThe Liberty Cafe Crew - thanks guys!

1 comment:

  1. This was so much fun! Everyone was so cool. We have to come back again!

    ReplyDelete