Monday, April 27, 2009

A Typical Sunday

A typical Sunday in our home consists of the following: me wanting to sleep in, usually not being able to, Han playing basketball (good thing is he takes the boys), and then something fun in the afternoon.

This Sunday was no different. I did have aspirations of sleeping past 8, that did not occur. I woke up, got the boys fed, and decided to head to the gym. I woke up Cat and off we went to kick some butt in our kick boxing class. It was hard but we felt good afterward. I then started my doll that Cat and I are trying to make. We were inspired by friends of mine: Raquel and Julie both made them and they are sooo adorable. Cat has a sewing machine so we decided to dust it off and give it a try. She has finished hers, mine is still in pieces. I am intimidated by the machine...

We finally make it out the door to actually try and do something with this day. Han suggests we try Fentons Creamery in Oakland. We've been trying for forever to make it over there, and today would be our day. It was a lovely day and we arrived at the right time - no waiting!
We ate some lunch and had a scoop. Mango for Aidan, Bubble Gum for Han, Jamoca Almond Fudge for me and Vanilla (!?!) for Ty-Ty. So creamy and yummy, I know what all the hype is about now! We took a short walk down Piedmont Ave, most of the shops were closed but if there is one thing my boys will find it is something to climb on! At the school down the way they had a cute metal fish that turns out was their bike lock area. So cute! The boys climbed on, over and through the thing - almost as good as a playground. We made our way home after that with the boys thankfully falling asleep in the car.

hmm, what can we get into up ahead?
Not quite a playground, but it will do

6 comments:

  1. ps: can't wait to see your doll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fenton's too and I love the dolls! Thanks to your friends for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a big doll fan however love Fenton's YUMMY in my TUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm fenton's! i could go for their black and tan right now...yummmmm

    ReplyDelete