First thing is my loving husband brought me....cupcakes! He remembered how I had been hinting around going to Stanford under the guise of getting Sprinkles cupcakes. I was/am really craving a red velvet treat. So, while lunching one day (at Santana Row no less) he visited Kara's Cupcakes to pick up some yummies. He brought something for everyone - minis for the boys, some vanilla, carrot, and chocolate velvet. So, even though there were no red velvet he still scored major points! He also told me that the girls at Kara's informed him that Sprinkles is not organic while Kara's is! I love the story behind Kara's: using all local resources, etc. But Sprinkles makes a damn good cupcake!


The second wonderful happening is that I finished my first doll that I mentioned a few days back. I actually mustered up the courage to try the sewing machine too! Although I must admit Cat helped me with the smaller pieces that required more than a straight line...but I did it and loved it! I am hooked and want a sewing machine of my very own. I will teach myself if I have to! So, take a looksee, isn't she adorable? I've named her Kiki. She has a BFF named Kate! LOVE IT!

I love them! You did a such a great job too! Now let's go get you a sewing machine!
ReplyDeleteKate & Kiki BFF's!
Cute doll! I have some great sewing books. There's lots of good stuff out there. I'd be happy to bring them to school for you to look at. I just got a new sewing machine, at Target. It's a Brother. I have a very simple Singer too, but it's fussy. I have not tried out the Brother yet, but it has an extended work table, a zipper foot, a free arm for quilting, and several other cool features. It wasn't very expensive either-on sale for $99.00, regularly $130.00 or so. My mother in law has a Brother (an expensive one) that she really likes. My mom has a Bernina (really expensive) that she loves. Start simple, and work your way up.
ReplyDeleteVery cutie:)
ReplyDeleteKiki is fabulous!!!!
ReplyDelete